Find schools first, then find your home
Schools play a key role in home buying decisions, so shouldn’t you have all the information you need before you begin your search? Whether moving from across town or across the ocean, most parents place their children’s education first and foremost when shopping for real estate in the Nashville area.
A Full Range of K-12 Consulting
We help families moving into Middle Tennessee find the right school for their children based on the family’s economic, social, and educational needs. Our research and insights save you time and frustration, and allows you to streamline many of your relocation decisions based on the schools that best meet your children’s needs.
A full range of College Planning Services as well
How can our advisors help your family?
Successful relocation often requires the services of a team of skilled professionals, from your real estate agent to your mortgage broker to the moving company. None of these professionals, however, have the ability to offer expert advice on choosing the right schools for your family.
Decisions to buy a home in a certain city or change neighborhoods are often determined by the quality of local schools.
Unfortunately, though, it’s impossible to anticipate whether a top-rated school will be the right fit for your child based solely on metrics, test scores, a website, or even a quick visit with the principal.
If enlisted to help you in your search, we can:
- Reduce the stress of finding the best school for your child, allowing your family to settle into your new home quickly and seamlessly
- Quickly orient you to the educational landscape in Nashville and greater Middle Tennessee
- Walk you through assessing each school’s curriculum, goals and social environment
- Identify the type of learning environment that compliments your child’s unique learning style, social aptitude, and potential for success
- Offer support when navigating difficult educational decisions by providing a sequenced blueprint for your child’s long-term educational needs
- Connect you with both public and private schools, including managing the admissions process at some of the area’s outstanding private schools
Find Schools First Then Find The Home
Your real estate agent is your vital link to your future neighborhood and the community, but they are prohibited by both fair housing laws and the NAR Code of Ethics from commenting on specific schools. Only you can define what is a “good” school for your child. And that process requires hard work and a lot of time.
We Can Help
We evaluate Nashville-area schools based on a wide variety of criteria, and don’t just limit ourselves to the data provided by the schools. We go inside the culture of each school, both public and private. We have talked to teachers, principals, parents, and students, and gained inside information about schools across Middle Tennessee. As objective educational advisors to your family, we help you identify the schools that best match your child’s needs in the neighborhoods where you most want to live.
Who uses our services?
- Families- We work with families relocating to Middle Tennessee, whether they are moving across town or across the country. If you believe your children deserve the most ideal academic and social environment in which to develop, learn and grow, you are a part of our target audience.
- Realtors- We can help your clients find the right school, narrowing the search for their dream home. This means they can make home-buying decisions more quickly, and without having to look in areas that will not meet their children’s educational needs. You will be able to better pinpoint search areas, and to show them only homes in neighborhoods where they have chosen a school for their child.
- Relocation Companies- We offer comprehensive educational consulting services to corporations who are relocating employees to Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin and other cities in Middle Tennessee. We have demonstrated success in helping executives make the transition to our community — and our schools — as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- Human Resource Departments- After an exhaustive executive search, most HR managers simply want their new hires relocated and settled in as soon as possible. The relocation process, though, can be long and tedious when the right schools and the right home must be found. We can offer unbiased and objective analysis of schools near your headquarters, helping to streamline relocation.
About Randall Bedwell
Randall Bedwell understands the educational landscape of both public and private schools in the Nashville and Middle Tennessee area. He works with families considering better academic options for their children, often when making a move is involved.
As a former Realtor and founder of Real Estate Leadership School, his unique experience and insight saves families time and frustration, and allows clients to quickly identify the schools that best meet their children’s needs. He has helped hundreds of students realize their academic dreams through College Path Consultants, LLC. and works with dozens of families and students find the “best fit” school.
He provides a full complement of educational consulting services, for families with children just beginning kindergarten through high school graduation, and well into college. His systematic approach empowers families to find the best possible academic and social solution while understanding of the student’s journey and the challenges they face.
His education includes:
- Diploma. Henry County High School
- B.S. Lambuth University, cum laude
- M.A. University of Mississippi, History
- M.A. Trevecca Nazarene University, Teaching
His licensures include:
- Tennessee Teacher’s License (7-12) retired
- Tennessee Real Estate Commission Broker license (retired)
- Tennessee Real Estate School (Real Estate Leadership School #1459) Active
Over the last 25 years, Bedwell has been an adjunct professor at the University of Mississippi, Middle Tennessee State University, and most recently, Nashville State Community College.
Contact Randall Bedwell for a complimentary 30-minute phone consultation before you decide where to move in the Nashville area.
Published Works and Recent Articles
Author and Local Historian
Randall Bedwell has written over a dozen books, primarily focused on the Civil War and Southern history and culture, available on Amazon.com. He has taught at the college level for over 20 years, focusing on the United States since Reconstruction. A recent article in the Williamson Herald featured an article about Bedwell and his writing career.
Tennessee Promise Mentor and Weblog Contributing Editor
Tennessee Promise is both a scholarship and mentoring program focused on increasing the number of students that attend college in our state. Bedwell, a mentor for the ambitious project involving over 90,000 high school seniors, writes on subjects such as “Got Grit,” focusing on student tenacity and drive to succeed and “Is Community College Right For You,” which offers insights into balancing work, family, and school responsibilities after high school graduation.
Princeton Review founder John Katzman founded Noodle.com as a consortium of leading experts in education sharing knowledge and “going beyond the metrics” of choosing schools. Bed well is featured in “Randall Bedwell on Alvin Toffler and New Perspectives,” has provided guidance to students across the country and has most recently written the article, “Cultivating Independence During the College Application Process.“
Williamson Herald (Williamson County, TN) Education Page Contributing Editor
As a long time resident of Williamson County, Bedwell has worked for both Williamson County Schools(Longview Elementary-Special Education), and Franklin Special School District (Summer MAC- Basketball Camp Director). He understands the local community and writes informative articles on important education topics for students in the community.
Ready to get started? Click here to schedule your free initial consultation.